Wednesday, February 24, 2010

i will make my mistakes, and from them i'll learn

so yesterday after class my profeseur pulled me aside and told me that she thinks i should skip niveau trois and go straigt to niveau quatre! can you believe it? this is exactly what i need to do so that i can actually get some real credits from this year back at dal instead of essentially wasting my time. fantastique! i think it's going to be dur comme couilles (hard as balls) to catch up and know whats going on, but it should be possible. AND i have fridays off! can it get any better than this??
i had my first day of class in niveau 4 today, and i actually understood everything and was able to participate in conversation and the likes, so i felt good. although it will probably be a different story when it comes to grammaire class! we shall see

after class yesterady i had the extra boost of french confidence that i needed to feel capable to go and argue my way with the bank. pasquel (une vraiment salope) was as pleased as ever to see me and couldn't wait to explain to me that a "credit card" in france is not the same thing as it is in canada, even though it is described the exact same way and you can use it when there is no money on it. apparently its meant to be used seulement in emergencies and to be paid back immediately. if one could pay it back immediatly why would they use their "non-credit card-credit card" why wouldn't they simply just pay for it right away? pasquel had no answers to my genius question and i did not feel like trying to explain that me going away on february break truely was an emergency, because if i had stayed here while all my friends left i would have died. instead i decided to negotiate with her, and tell her that when they pay me back the money they owe me, they might see the money i owe them. so hopefully they continue to take their sweet old time reimbursing me for the things they owe me and in the mean time i can figure out my brilliant plan to come up with all this money before they try to send me to french prision. psssh. piece of cake.


oh and for any of you interested in learning the essential terms in the french language check out this site:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/3939944/French-Slangs
(maybe not ideal for you, mum or dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment